Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Opinion on the quietest camera...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member crimsonson's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2001
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nizo Pro, Nizo 801 Macro, Nizo 4080, Nizo 6080, Canon 1014E, Canon 1014 XL-S, Beaulieu 4008 ZM series or something else? (not the higher end Beaulieu - I cant afford those)! Thanx. I just want to get another one Super 8 cam for sycn sound on my DAT.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Canon 1014 XL-S is pretty loud in my opinion. I own both a Canon 1014 XL-S and a Nizo 6080. The Nizo beats the Canon when it comes to silent running hands down. That's the reason I'm selling my Canon 1014 XL-S and keeping my Nizo 6080.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    don't know nizo cameras at all. the canon 1014E is a loud camera. i don't think you can crystal the 1014E anyway, so you'll have to use the flash sync. now the 1014xl-s is another story. they were designed with sound in mind. you can still hear them, but much better than the older canons. although, i have used an 814E for double system. i was able to blimp the camera enough, and i kept a good distance away from my subjects. i would go with the 1014XL-s if you decide with canon.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree, the 1014 XLS was far too noisy and Canon were shamed by other manufacturers who made much quieter cameras. Ah, but the Canon used long wearing metal gear trains, not rubber belts like some others, so I expect they run longer between breakdowns.

    And I've hit 101 posts with this reply. Do I get a prize?

    tom.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mikko's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2000
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    TADADADAA! (fanfare)

    ,.,.,,?????|???? (fireworks)

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gee, thanks Mikko!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member filmsmyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2001
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nizo hands down is the more quiet camera...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •